Sunday, June 20, 2010

We told.

Sorry my last title was misleading. We told our parents today (and my siblings because they live at home, and DH's grandmother because she lives with his parents.)

We told my parents first. My mom has been really sick, and didn't want to get up to watch my dad open his gifts, but I talked her into it. He opened his hat and was like, "oohhh....,Am I going to be a Grandpa?" I said "Yes sir" He was like "Will it be here in time for hunting season?" Lol. He was very excited. My mom was a little miffed about me not telling her when she asked earlier in the week, but was excited. My 20 year old brother was indifferent. And my 12 year old sister was happy and sad. Sad because "she's the princess" Her words not mine. My mom called a few hours after we left and left me a message saying that she couldn't believe it and was so excited. She keeps saying it's twins or triplets. Twins would be ok, but anything more scares me to death. She's almost always wrong though.


Dh's parents were easier to corral into opening the hat. my FIL opened it, and was like "ok" and looked at me, and then our dogs. I said "it's not from the 'grandpuppies'" and his face got really white. He and MIL and his Mom were all talking at once and were very excited. I just hope they don't tell anyone (we all go to the same church!)

Overall I think it went great. It's nice having them know, and praying with us. I should get my beta results in the morning. Hoping all is well!

(Sweet DH is playing the guitar and singing to me and 'baby embryo' as he's taken to calling baby. I think it's really hitting him today.)

Also, I was reading "What to eat when you're expecting" and their example of a very odd craving- pickles and green apples in salsa didn't sound half bad! Guess it's hitting me too.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, yay for the reactions. Well, except for the indifferent brother :P lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder about young bachelors' reactions to pregnancy news - I don't think they can wrap their heads around the concept at all. Your sister, on the other hand, sounds like a clear thinker :).

    ReplyDelete