Friday, June 25, 2010

Still here

That is, the baby is still here, and I'm still here. This week has dragged by. I wonder if it is because i am waiting for the 14th, or if it is because of something else. Some kind of pregnancy time warp.

Anna's baby shower is tomorrow. I was planning to be completely sullen during it, and then cry bitterly afterward. Really, that has been my plan for months. However, now I guess I will just be happy for her. :-) Yesterday i went over to help clean before the big event. However, I could not stand being there for more than an hour. There was cat and dog urine and feces everywhere, and piles and piles of stuff everywhere the eye could see. (and even where the eye couldn't see) Anna's mom had me dusting. I didn't really see the point of dusting, with everything the way it was, but I did it. The smell was unbearable. And I think it would have been even without the pregnancy nose. And I have to be there for four+ hours tomorrow. Yikes. Can't wait until it's over. I think Anna feels the same way. I wanted to throw her a nice quiet shower at my house, but her mom got involved and ended up inviting 80 people. There is no way I could fit more than 18 people in my tiny house. Today I am working on cooking for tomorrow. Sorry to complain, but I am completely overwhelmed. I just want to crawl into bed and sleep for a few days.

1 comment:

  1. Complain away girl, complain away.
    Yuck on the house though. BLEH.
    Our dogs will pee and poo in the house on occassion (when they're sick and we're not home to let them out), but we clean that mess up ASAP.
    DH's mother is like that. Lets her pets pee and poo everywhere and doesn't bother cleaning it up. It's disgusting and I can't stomach going in to her house.

    Anyway, hopefully it won't be so bad tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete