It is official. My Dr.'s office called and confirmed I was pregnant on a voice mail. Unfortunately, the woman who left the message didn't find it necessary to let me know the actual beta numbers. I guess I will have to wait until Monday. Tomorrow I am going in for my second beta. I know it's still very early, so I am nervous about the results. I am also having some cramping/ sharp pains. Not all day, just every once in a while, like if I sneeze. But I am concerned about an ectopic. I don't think I will feel better until I actually see my healthy little embryo, preferably with a heartbeat.
I told DH with a "dad to be" card that I found in the Fathers Day section. He is thrilled and a little scared. We aren't going to tell anyone else for at least a few weeks. I'd really like to have a Dr. appointment before we tell our parents, so maybe around 6 weeks. I'll start telling close friends around ten weeks, and then let other people know around 12-13 weeks. I'm pretty nervous about all of this, but I am doing my best to hand it over to God. I just wish I could tell my mom.
I found comfort in telling our immediate family as soon as we knew because we wanted their support no matter what happened.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that this is progressing! I can't wait to hear the rest of your numbers.
I had pretty strong cramps until 5 weeks and my doctor assured me that as long as they weren't coupled with RED spotting everything was ok.
Good luck and congrats again!
Thanks knowing that you had cramps, and your little one is healthy makes me feel better.
ReplyDeleteWe are going to tell our families either way, I just want to wait a little bit, so if it ends up not sticking they can just know afterward, instead of getting their hopes crushed.