I went in for my first Maternal Fetal Medicine Dr today.
It was a 2.5 hour appointment. Before going I lost my breakfast. When I got there we had to wait about 30 mins before going back. Then I had an ultrasound that lasted for about an hour. They measured everything imaginable. Then the machine shut off and she had to do it again. We could've seen what they were, but I said no because DH wasn't there. Boy was that hard! The babies were both measuring perfectly. They even gave us a little show. Baby A was kicking Baby B in the belly, but I think I saw B poke A first. Lol. My mom says Baby A is the naughty one. I think she may be right. After the ultrasound I puked again. Almost all over the ultrasound room. They unlocked the bathroom just on time (what office locks a bathroom around OB patients?!!!) Then they brought me ice chips. I felt very pregnant. The Peri then came in and did another ultrasound, said babies looked good, and my cervix was great. It hadn't shortened anymore since the last ultrasound. The things I wasn't so sure my OB was getting right I asked him about, and I am happy I did! He is letting me off the met, tested my blood sugar today, and said I need to gain 24 lbs by 24 weeks. That's 24 lbs in a little less than 8 weeks! Not so sure about that, especially if I'm gonna start being sick again! Which I have been allllll day. Had to stay home from work. I really hope going off the met will help a lot! That's about it. Oh, except for that my bp was higher than it has ever been, 138/72. Praying it was just from being sick, not the beginnings of pre-e. Loving my little beans so much. Can't wait to find out who they are. Names are all picked, just depends on the genders, which we find out Oct. 6th!
Sorry you're still sick but glad to hear the babies are doing so well!
ReplyDelete