Tuesday, September 7, 2010
15 week Dr appt.
I just got home from my Dr visit. I actually got to see my doctor this time, and I still really like her. She had me go in for an ultrasound to measure my cervix, and the ultrasound tech measured that (3.8, which means it's gotten shorter, two weeks ago it was 4.5) The pains I had yesterday could've been contractions. She said if I can time them and they are more frequent than 15 minutes apart, to go in right away. Also, she said I should go in right away if I have any pains that are different from what I have experienced before. She gave me a referral to a Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist at the local hospital with the level 3 NICU. She seemed to think I would need to deliver there, and would need to see a specialist (unlike the nurse practitioner I saw last, who was all "Who cares if you're having twins") Also, unlike that NP, she said that as long as baby A is head down, we could go vaginal!! That made me happy. The NP basically told me to plan on a c-setion. (Have I mentioned I don't like that lady?)She didn't seem concerned that I haven't gained any weight. She said she'd like me to gain 35 or less. Thinking I can do that, only a few weeks from being halfway. Dr. D said we are shooting for 34 weeks, anything past that is awesome. As for work, she said to shoot for 28 weeks, I may be able to make it longer, but 28 weeks would be a good goal. They are making my appt. with the other DR. in about two weeks, and then my next OB appt. is October 6th. That is when we will have the anatomy scan. Taking the mothers and my little sis to that appt. After that she said they'd see me every 2-3 weeks. Things are going so fast now! Guess we'd better get started on clearing out the office and getting it ready to become a nursery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment