How far along: 22 weeks
Growth: This week, babies are theoretically growing from the size of spaghetti squash to the size of large mangoes(which are in fact smaller than squash, but whatever). They are going from 10.94 inches to 11.38 inches long. Also, they are increasing in weight from 15.17 oz to 1.10 lb. (seems like a big growth spurt this week)
Symptoms: nausea, hemroids, insomnia, braxton hicks contractions, round ligament pains, heartburn, high blood pressure, headaches, dizziness, anemia, lots of fetal movement (the only fun symptom)
Total weight gain: -6 lbs
Maternity clothes: Yes! When I go out, which is not very often these days, I wear maternity clothes. However, since I am home all day everyday I hang out in pjs, which are not maternity, but are very comfy!
Stretch marks: Yup, this week I'd say they are for sure stretch marks, not scars.
Sleep: Have been very tired this week, even took a few naps. Sleeping is uncomfortable, major pains sometimes when I turn over, both in my stomach and hips.
Best moment this week: Daddy got to feel Xander kick last night :-)
Movement: lots of moving going on in there! My little ones are so active. On Thursday Anna brought her little man over. I had him on a pillow between my legs with his feet against my belly, he was using his feet against my hard belly to scoot himself up, and Xander kicked him back, LOL! Picking on somebody 10 times his size!
Food cravings: I would do anything for a Krispy Kreme doughnut or some meatballs.
Belly Button in or out: In, but getting shallow. Now I say it's flat by 30 weeks.
What I miss: work. As of Wednesday I am not going back to work. If I get to feeling miraculously better I can pick up hours, but I really don't see that happening. I miss my boys, and it breaks my heart to think about how much they are going to change between now and May. Will they even remember me?
What I am looking forward to: Viability, and doing more work on the nursery- right now its got cribs, the desk we're going to turn into a changing table, and the stroller. Also, a ton of junk in the closet. We (well, DH and whoever wants to help him) need to clean out the closet, put down new floor (the carpet is gross from before we bought the house, we've already re-done the floor in our bedroom and living/dining room, all that is left is the nursery and spare room) and paint. Trying to talk DH into getting some paint samples today so we can pick a color.
Milestones: DH feeling a kick, and being done with work.
How is daddy? Wonderful. I feel so guilty that he is doing so much, but he doesn't complain and takes such good care of me when he can. I think it is getting more and more real for him. He already loves the boys so much.
How are the grandparents? Controlling but helpful. Since DH works and has school, he's not really home at all except to sleep and on the occasional weekend off. And I am not allowed to drive since I am still so dizzy. So if I need to go anywhere or get anything they have to do it for me.
I LOVE the name Xander! What is the other little guy's name?!?
ReplyDeleteMax :-)
ReplyDelete