How far along: 21 weeks
Growth: This week, babies are theoretically growing from the size of carrots to the size of spaghetti squash. They are going from 10.51 inches to 10.94 inches long. Also, they are increasing in weight from 12.70 oz to 15.17 oz. (almost a lb each!)
Symptoms: nausea, vomiting, insomnia, braxton hicks contractions, round ligament pains, heartburn, high blood pressure, headaches, dizziness, anemia, lots of fetal movement (the only fun symptom)
Total weight gain: -7 lbs
Maternity clothes: Yes! A pair of maternity pants I bought just a few weeks ago are causing the boys to kick the waistband. I keep telling them "Mommy has to wear pants!" but they don't seem to care.
Stretch marks: not any dark ones yet, but the stretch mark scars I have from PCOS weight gain are getting more pronounced.
Sleep: Sleeping ok most nights, turning over hurts, but not as badly as staying on one side, so waking up about 10 times to turn over.
Best moment this week: feeling somebody kick from the outside!! Can't wait till Daddy feels this too.
Movement: Feeling flutters, pokes, and what I assume are rolls. Sometimes it feels like my entire lower belly is moving, thinking that's them fighting. I often feel body parts sticking out, it's cute.
Food cravings: Feeling nauseated this week, so not many cravings that last more than a few minutes.
Belly Button in or out: In for now, more shallow than ever, I still say it's flat by 24 weeks. DH says it's getting wider/flatter.
What I miss: feeling ok, this week has been a really hard one, lots of dizziness and weird bp issues. I'm worried I will be put on bedrest soon.
What I am looking forward to: viability at 24 weeks, Daddy feeling his boys move around, and hopefully finding out what's wrong with me soon.
Milestones: Two strangers noticed I was pregnant. One asked what I was having, and a little girl at church said "It looks like you have a baby in your belly" Lol. Also, the nursery is started! We have the cribs and stroller.
How is daddy? Busy, lots of tests this week, but he is off this weekend and next, so that really helps.
How are the grandparents? Excited about the boys, but worried about me. Too many health issues.
No comments:
Post a Comment