Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tired

I get tired of posting all the complications from this pregnancy, feel like all I do is whine. But..... I failed my 1 hour glucose test, so I have to do the three hour test. Also, my bp has been super high, despite new medications. Last night it was high, and I began to experience numbness, starting in my left hand and radiating up to about 3 inches above my elbow. I called my mom, who is a nurse. She spoke with my DH for a while and when I got the phone back my face had become numb, especially on the left side. She kinda freaked out and yelled for me to take some fast acting blood pressure medicine, and that I was experiencing what could be a stroke. So I took the medicine and DH drove me to L&D (at about 1 am). Once I got there my blood pressure began to go down. The nurses there had no patients and triaged me quickly..... they also got rid of me once my bp went down quickly- they didn't even send my urine to the lab! When they discharged me, they told me not to take my bp so often, and that I was pregnant, it would be high. I asked what the doctor said about the numbness, and the nurse said- "He didn't really address it" (I bet she did not even tell him about it!!!!) "And it's a normal symptom of pregnancy" Whatever! Not the only incompetent and lazy nurse I have encountered at that hospital. My instructions were to follow up with my ob. Which I did today, and she just upped my bp med dosage (as of 8 hours later, it's still high) As for the numbness, she said it could have been a panic attack (which I doubt, because the numbness lasted for about 5 hours. An ER doc my mom works with said it was either the beginning of a stroke, symptoms of long uncontrolled high bp, or pre-e. The ob didn't say anything about protein in my urine, but if my bp doesn't go down in the next week I may ask for a 24hour urine. I had one about a month ago, and I had began to spill a minimal amount.... but that was 4 weeks ago on Friday........ So that is what's up with me. My short term goal is just to get us to the boys next growth scan at 30 weeks. Just three weeks away, praying so hard. Please pray for me and the boys too.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, I'm so sorry that you're having to go through all of this. **HUGS**
    I hope everything is OK and your boys stay put until it's time for them to greet the world :D

    ReplyDelete