How far along: 29 weeks
Growth: This week, babies are theoretically growing from the size of butternut squashes to the size of heads of cabbages. They are going from 15.2 inches to 15.71 inches long. Also, they are increasing in weight from 2.54 lbs to 2.91 lbs.
Symptoms: cervical incompetence,terrible hip and back pain, contractions, nausea, hemroids, insomnia, braxton hicks contractions, round ligament pains, heartburn, high blood pressure, headaches, dizziness, anemia, lots of fetal movement (the only fun symptom)
Total weight gain: +6 lbs
Maternity clothes: pajamas, dresses and sweatpants,maternity leggings. It has actually been really cold here lately.
Stretch marks: six on the underbelly, and two getting darker near my bellybutton.
Sleep: OUCH! My legs go to sleep, or my hips hurt so bad, I get about 3 hours of good sleep, and then wake up every 30 minutes or so and stay awake for 10-20minutes each time. UGGG. Last night I was awake for almost two hours with what I think were contractions.
Best moment this week: being able to get out and go to my family baby shower
Movement: ALLLLL the time, especially Xander. They are so active. They make my whole belly shake.
Food cravings: something different every day. Really have been wanting some conversation hearts, guess I'll have to wait a few more weeks!
Belly Button in or out: Pretty flat, but they like to push against it and make it poke out.
What I miss: cooking, I am so ready to get out of this bed and do some Christmas baking! Before this I was all over being a home-maker and cooked all the time. I haven't cooked anything since probably 8 weeks when the morning sickness kicked in.
What I am looking forward to: My next appointment with my peri. Get to get weights on the boys and see their sweet faces. DH gets to go with me, it will be his first time going to this doctor with me and seeing their high-tech ultrasound.
Milestones: 29 weeks. The last week in the twenties seems like a big deal. Our goal date is only 36 days away (although I'd love to make it about 50 more days)
How is daddy? good, studying for finals which he has tomorrow.
How are the grandparents? They've backed off some since DH has been home, I have appreciated being able to rely on him for more.
You're SO close to 30wks! I really hope you can keep the boys in there until 34 or longer but I know each DAY is a huge milestone!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear you're doing well! Belly pic?? :)
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice to see a milestone that's post-viability, since I know you've been having concerns with your cervix. So sorry to hear that you've been cut off from Christmas baking. That would be hard!
ReplyDelete