

Belly at L&D triage this week, where we were sent for monitoring because of high bp and contractions

Belly at 30 weeks 6 days
Wow, to think that last year I was so heartbroken to not be pregnant. Life surely has changed in the last year, and I imagine it will change even more in the coming year! DH and I had a quiet Christmas, we were able to go to see my family for a few hours, it was very nice to get out of the house and feel like a normal person. Unfortunately, I got a cold for Christmas, and am feeling particularly miserable, but such is life.
As DH read the Christmas story to me last night, I couldn't help but think of Mary in a new light. I think riding across town in our minivan is uncomfortable, I can't even imagine riding for days on a donkey. Or giving birth my very first time in a barn, or laying my new little baby in the animals food dish, or wrapping him in yucky stable cloths. I am so thankful for modern conveniences that make even my complicated pregnancy easier. But I am most thankful for God sending His Son, no matter the un-ideal circumstance, to this world to provide salvation for all of mankind. What a precious sacrifice and beautiful picture He has provided us in the Christmas story.
And now for the 31 week part of this post.
How far along: 31 weeks
Growth: This week, babies are theoretically growing from the size of four navel oranges each to the size of large jicamas (say what?). They are going from 16.18 inches to 16.69 inches long. Also, they are increasing in weight from 3.31 lbs to 3.75 lbs. (but last Monday Xander was 3lbs and Max was 2 lbs 11 oz)
Symptoms: cervical incompetence,terrible hip and back pain, LOTS of contractions, nausea, hemroids, insomnia, braxton hicks contractions, round ligament pains, heartburn, high blood pressure, headaches, dizziness, anemia, lots of fetal movement (the only fun symptom)
Total weight gain: +13 lbs
Maternity clothes: pajamas. Except for going to the doctor, then I wear real clothes. Some of my maternity shirts no longer cover the maternity panel in my jeans though.
Stretch marks: My underbelly is pretty disgusting, tons of dark stretchmarks. The rest of the belly is not too bad.
Sleep: DH slept in the other bedroom all week, so it had been good, but I got a cold, so it was bad last night, and imagine it will be tonight.
Best moment this week: getting a reprieve from contractions for a few hours in Christmas eve. Best Christmas gift ever. Unfortunately, they came back.
Movement: This week I discovered they like music, usually when any is one the move a lot. They seem the most active around noon, 4-6, and then 11pm.
Food cravings: different things all the time. Usually they go away. This week I HAD to have a hamburger and some broccoli with cheese,peanut butter fudge, and home made pizza
Belly Button in or out: Out for the most part, still a hole, but with a ridge that sticks out all the way around.
What I miss: not having contractions, it's been pretty bad for the past two weeks.
What I am looking forward to: hopefully getting some new meds on Tuesday for my bp (which has been as high as 167/115) and to stop these darn contractions.
Milestones: Getting to 3 lbs seems pretty big
How is daddy? he had his first cold ever this week, but is over it now, and trying to take good care of us.
How are the grandparents? Not much has changed with any of them since last week. DH's dad had a 5 day delay, so I'm really thinking he won't be here in time for the birth. My dad has been grumpy. Both of our moms have been supportive and trying to take good care of me.
I am soooo not looking forward to weighing tomorrow because a girl I work with made the best peanut butter fudge i've ever eaten in my life! I probably ate 1/2 lb of it :)
ReplyDeleteI hope your boys continue to behave and give you another month of being pregnant!
So happy to hear your boys are still baking!!
ReplyDeleteWow girl you're doing great. High bp is no fun. I hear you on that one. I never made it to that high of a range for the buttom number, but i'm right there with you in the tops. I hope they can a find a way before having to give you mag. I'm glad that the boys are still just smooshing eachother in there! I hope you get a few more weeks for them to bake!
ReplyDelete