So, I've been on Metformin for almost two months now, and am noticing little difference. No period, only suspected ovulation, very little weight loss, slight decrease in acne, and major increase in gastrointestinal issues. I have made a few discoveries with the met. #1 being that if I drink more water my stomach feels better. #2 If I skip my fish oil supplement my stomach gives me very few issues and #3 If I eat I get sick, but if I don't eat I seem to get sicker. The past few days have been the first time I have actually been hungry and wanted to eat. The rest of my time on met, I have only eaten because my stomach was growling, or I felt like I might pass out. Not sure what any of this means. I've only lost about 5 lbs. Which totally sucks. Usually I can drop 20 with little effort, but it seems to be hanging on for dear life now. *sigh* I am planning on really buckling down as soon as Christmas is over and my schedule is back to normal.
I have 30 more days until I can get a provera prescription. I am praying that AF arrives on her own, but not getting my hopes up. My temps have been different this past week than they have been before. I can't wait until I can actually see from charting what my body is doing. This being my first time charting, none of it really makes sense yet.
And last, the acne. It is, in fact, better than it was, but I believe that is in part, because, I had AF. My skin got continuously worse the 6 months I went without AF, so I have no doubt it will get worse the longer I let it go on. I have read a few places that aloe, the gel from the actual plant, not the green stuff you buy for sunburns, is helpful with acne. So, as of tonight, I am rubbing aloe on my face once per day. This is my new treatment partly because it is natural, but mostly because I have a HUGE aloe plant growing on my porch, and this treatment will be free. And free is pretty appealing right now with our finances the way they are.
Speaking of finances, I may be getting more hours come January. That would be awesome if I knew that I would actually get paid for the work. I am tired of working all week for a worthless piece of paper. And i'm stuck, because with the hours I do work it's not like I can get a second job, and I am so attached to my kids, I couldn't leave. I wouldn't be so frustrated if it weren't for the sucky financial situation. Anyway, enough complaining.....off to bed....which I am very thankful to have :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment