I want to braid my little girl's hair.
I want to kiss my little boy's forhead as he sleeps in his bed.
I want to feel a sweaty little body snoring on my chest.
I want to marvel at my daughter's first word.
I want to record my son's first smile.
I want to teach my children that A says "ah" and B says "Buh"
I want to read them Skippyjon Jones stories, and kiss them goodnight.
I want to teach thier Sunday school class and tell them that Jesus loves them.
I want to cry as I wave goodbye when a big yellow bus takes them to thier first day of kindergarten.
I want to see them learn to play an instrument, or sport.
I want to see them argue in the backseat on road trips.
I want to see them make thier daddy smile.
I want to buy them toys and play with them.
I want to make them eat thier veggies.
Most of all, right now, I want to know that a child is growing inside of me, protected, and mine.
Praying, and hoping that all those wants and wishes come true soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment