Sunday, August 15, 2010

12 weeks!!!!

How far along: 12 weeks!

Growth: This week, babies are growing from the size of limes to the size of medium shrimp (odd, shrimps seem much smaller than limes). They are going from 2.13 inches to 2.91 inches long. Also, they are increasing in weight from .49oz to .81 oz.

Symptoms: nausea and fatigue, also, some weird twinges/ pains. Thinking these are the babies moving?

Total weight gain: -11lbs

Maternity clothes: I can still fit in some non-maternity clothes, but am much more comfortable in maternity bottoms, or really stretchy bottoms. And maternity shirts go better with maternity bottoms. I read that with twins, my uterus should measure between 6 and 8 weeks ahead of what I am. Makes me feel better about the baby bump, which is very noticeable.

Stretch marks: no new ones yet, my neighbor gave me some cocoa butter

Sleep: Oh my, for being so tired, who knew sleep would be so impossible to get. My changing body is making me so uncomfortable! I wake up almost every hour, and have a terrible time getting back to sleep each time. I really want one of those pregnancy pillows!

Best moment this week: seeing my little ones on the ultrasound! They are such characters already.

Movement: Thinking the pains I have been feeling are the babies stretching or something. Have also felt a few unidentified flutters. I know it's way tooo early, but with twins, I've heard you can feel them earlier.

Food cravings: Food is rather odious to me this week. I vomited for the first time on Thursday. So much for things becoming better as time goes on.

Belly Button in or out: In for now, it becomes more shallow each week.

What I miss: having the energy to do things.

What I am looking forward to: finding out the sexes.

Milestones: 12 weeks! We are half way to viability and 1/3 of the way done!!!!

How is daddy? Stressed and excited. The same as mommy.

How are the grandparents? Very excited. 12 yo auntie goes back and forth from being excited to being jealous. Lol. I know she'll love them.

1 comment:

  1. I can't remember if I commented earlier from work or not...dang pregnancy brain!

    When I was in my first trimester I thought the order of fruits was a little out of order for size too... How amazing though that you're already 12 weeks! Congrats on the major milestone!

    ReplyDelete