Sunday, August 8, 2010

11 weeks

How far along: 11 weeks!

Growth: This week, babies are growing from the size of figs to the size of limes. They are going from 1.661 inches to 2.13 inches long. Also, they are almost doubling in weight from .25oz to .49 oz.

Symptoms: nausea and fatigue

Total weight gain: -10lbs

Maternity clothes: I can still fit in some non-maternity clothes, but am much more comfortable in maternity bottoms, or really stretchy bottoms. And maternity shirts go better with maternity bottoms. I read that with twins, my uterus should measure between 6 and 8 weeks ahead of what I am. Makes me feel better about the baby bump, which is very noticeable.

Stretch marks: no new ones yet, guess I should start with the cocoa butter

Sleep: Oh my, for being so tired, who knew sleep would be so impossible to get. My changing body is making me so uncomfortable! I wake up almost every hour, and have a terrible time getting back to sleep each time. I really want one of those pregnancy pillows!

Best moment this week: listening to the babies' heartbeats each night.

Movement: None that I can feel yet!

Food cravings: Still more noticeable food aversions, although I did crave peach cobbler and dill pickle ships this week.

Belly Button in or out: In. It's truly becoming more shallow. So who knows.

What I miss: Energy. Working a six hour day is already becoming too much.

What I am looking forward to: Seeing the babies on Tuesday!

Milestones: The belly bump really popped out this week. And it's hard. Craziness.

How is daddy? Good. He just finished his first semester of nursing school. He's possible more excited than I am about seeing the babies Tuesday.

How are the grandparents? excited, and bossy. Already telling what to do and how to feel. Things are going to be interesting.

1 comment: