Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dr Drama

Here it is Thursday. And all I got for calling was this lousy.....Oh wait. Nothing! Because my Dr's office couldn't even be bothered to call me back. On top of that, my pharmacy called yesterday to inform me that they were trying to get the DR to fill my script, but her nurse said it was a "difficult situation" What's so difficult about refilling a provera prescription. It's not like it's weed! (Although, at this point, if I thought it would give me a period.......) AHHHHHHHH!! Boy are they going to get a nasty letter! So, my co-worker also has PCOS and goes to another obgyn in town who actually also has PCOS. Sounds like a perfect match, right? I called their offices yesterday, and it turns out, once again DR. W has screwed me over. When I went to her the first time she made me transfer to her practice. Apparently Dr. D's practice does not take people who have switched to Dr W's office. (My first obgyn ever, the one who diagnosed me was not very helpful or knowledgeable, and has since left Dr. D's practice, so I don't see what this could hurt)

It is now Saturday. When I began this post, I had just called my primary care physician, to inform them of Dr. W's negligence, and ask if they could squeeze me in, or prescribe me some provera. Miracle of Miracles, not two hours later, DR W's nurse finally called back and very sweetly told me all I had to do was poas at the office and they would prescribe the provera, and that she had no idea why things had taken so long......... So I set foot in that office for the last time (amusedly thinking about the nasty call my primary care Dr must've given them), poas, and walked out victoriously with my period inducing pills. I'm on day two of ten, and it will most likely take another week before I get my period, and a week or two after to ovulate..... if I ovulate. But at least we're moving along a little here!

1 comment:

  1. arggghhh what a pain. Sometimes it seems these people just want to make a stressful time even more stressful! Glad you kept strong and got it sorted! well done!

    ReplyDelete