Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Still here

I am still pretty depressed, more so possibly since starting zoloft. I think my anxiety has been reduced a little, as I was able to give the boys about 3 oz of formula yesterday. I realized a while ago that pumping for 4-5 hours per day was taking me away from them 4-5 hours. However, I was just so attached to the idea of exclusive breastmilk that I had a few panic attacks over the decision to give a little formula so I could pump less and spend more time with them. So far they are ok, but every time I give them a bottle I feel awfully guilty. I've still been having about 1 severe panic attack per week. They have been awful and lasted close to two hours. I just want to be a normal happy momma.

2 comments:

  1. That's horrendous. I am so impressed with you coping with all of that, AND taking care of two infants. Hang in there! I know this will pass - it couldn't be too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow just came across this blog; i'm SO sorry you have to go through this!! I am 23 and 8 mos pregnant; I have not had PPD (as this is my first baby and she's not born yet!) but I have definitely had anxiety/depression problems and I know firsthand that they are AWFUL!! I can't imagine having PPD and having to take care of twins! Prayers coming your way. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete