Tuesday, October 20, 2009

praying for a miracle......

I work with kids with Autism. I love them. I love their parents. I really respect their parents- they do so much!!! However, something I see many parents do, is change their child's treatment, hoping for a miracle cure. Chelation, the GFCF diet, RDI, probiotics, hyperbaric chamber, etc etc. I'm not saying these things work, or don't work. I'm just saying that parents try them, expecting they cure their child over night. That just doesnt happen. But it doesn't stop these parents from trying! I say that if it were me in that situation I wouldn't try any of the crazy, non-research based methods. But honestly, I can't promise that. If it were my child, I think I'd try everything, crazy or not, to help my child.

I'm getting a small dose of this. My PCOS symptoms have been horrible lately. Can you believe I've gained about 85 lbs in the past 4 years?! And that's not the only thing that my body has done because of this. I am miserable, and I really want a baby. At this point I'm searching for a miracle cure, taking all kinds of vitamins and herbs, and going to the DR to ask about metformin tomorrow. I'm praying it's my miracle pill. That somehow my body will just say "Oh yeah, this is what I'm supposed to do!"

I just want to get better, and be a mommy, and for my boys to all get better too. I love them so much. I think if given the choice- them getting better or me being a mommy.......I'd pick them. Which is crazy, because I want to be a mommy more than anything......or maybe I don't. I might not be a mommy, but I love those boys as if they were my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment