Sunday, October 18, 2009

A new blog.........

I've had my fair share of blogs, all of which seem to have lost my interest and now sit, out in cyberspace, unloved and unposted upon. Why start a new blog you ask? (Or maybe you didn't) Why write for all the world (or absolutely no one) to read?
The answer is short, and somewhat embarrassing - to procrastinate, and at the same time to stop procrastinating. I need an outlet both to avoid what I should be doing, and to identify what it is I should be doing, decide why I am not doing it, write about what I'd rather do, and then, in a moment of both defeat and triumph- get off the computer and do it!
So why start a new blog to do this? Why not just go back to one of my old blogs? To be truthful, those blogs were written at a time different from now. I have changed, and the things I once wrote about have lost their luster. Those chapters in my life have closed. I'd like to move on and explore where my life is going, rather than where it has been. Here I sit rambling to no one in particular, and thinking very exciting thoughts about where this next year might take me, but I have a new blog to fill with those hopes and dreams, on a day other than today.
There are many things that I should be doing instead of creating a blog- cooking dinner for my snoring hubby, mopping my floors, looking up grammar rules for work, or even doing some schoolwork. None of these things appeal to me much at the moment- all the more reason to get off my but and do them............So farewell for now my new baby blog. (babies, now there' a future post for sure)

No comments:

Post a Comment